Counsellor based in Eastbourne
I’m an established counsellor based in Eastbourne Old Town, East Sussex.
My training is from the Person Centred Approach which is a form of therapy that can help you feel free to explore your experiences in an accepting and safe space. This approach stems from the work of Carl Rogers who believed that if an individual is offered empathy in a non judgemental environment, they have the ability to grow to their full potential. By offering you my genuine self, we can harness the level of trust needed to enable you to heal. You are the expert of yourself and I am here to help you achieve this belief.
Counselling training & qualifications
- Extensive experience as a Bereavement Counsellor, working with bereaved clients dealing with presenting issues such as loss, anxiety, depression, anger and suicide.
- I have extensive experience of working in Palliative care with terminally ill patients and their families.
- I have attended training workshops in Mindfulness, Dealing with Suicide and Advance Care Planning.
- I have also undertaken training in creative therapy such as sand-tray work and art therapy.
- I have a CPD certificate with the Brighton Therapy Partnership based on Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse.
- I have obtained a level 1 certificate in Transactional Analysis.
- I have a deep interest in Shadow work, based on Carl Jung’s archetypes, and I use this in my counselling work if needed with my clients.
- I am a sessional lecturer on the foundation degree course in Person Centred Counselling at the local East Sussex College in Eastbourne.
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy.
My counselling fees
My fees are £45 per individual or £60 for couples.